Tuesday, June 7, 2011

CAN YOU FIX YOUR OWN HARD DRIVE? I CAN!

That's the question that my friend always ask to me, and I think it's time for me to show that I can fix my own hard drive too, of course I only fix a bad sector or the modules only, not physically such as a motor or the disc it self.
If we have a bad sector hard drive, we still can used it. how ? if we have software (freeware software) mhdd (you can download it at http://www.mhdd.com/).
1. we must boot from DOS (we can have it on cd win98 setup)
2. after we have C:> then we type mhdd (C:> mhhdd) and then press enter
3. after we allready inside mhdd we detect the hard drive first by pressing F2, than we check it by pressing F4. while checking we can see through where the broken drive or bad sector.
4. if we know where the position of bad sector is, we just type erase (still on mhhd) we just have to fill where we want to start to erasing then fill where we have to stop erasing.
5. after this step done, we go back check that drive by pressing F4 and then F4. If our hard drive not physically damage, I'm sure that hard drive allready fix it.

Note :
if we have any important's document on hard drive that we want to repair, we have to back up them first, because if doesn't they will lost for good. I think that's all for now from Inside The Computers, because I've been thinking how to go more further and further but I stuck in this place.

No comments:

Post a Comment